SOLVED

Email Template Edits Not Updating Emails

Go to solution
kpangelinan
Level 2

Email Template Edits Not Updating Emails

We are having an issue with a new logo image that was edited on our email template not updating the emails that use the template. It's been 12+ hours since the change. 
  • The email template was updated and approved. Confirmed new logo shows on draft.
  • All previously approved emails tied to the template went into "Draft".
  • Sent a test email and the logo was not updated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Re: Email Template Edits Not Updating Emails

If your logo is inside an editable area on the template, this is the expected behavior. If that's the case, the best way I've found to update a logo is to replace the actual image file with an updated file (same size and file name / extension). 

If the logo is inside of a module, the existing module in your email should not get updated, but the copy in the module sidebar should be the updated version once you re-approve an email(s). To get the updated module (with the new logo) into your email (if it's in a module), you'll need to drag in a new copy of the module containing the updated logo and delete the existing logo module. This makes for a bunch of extra steps for each email, so I'd recommend going the "replace image" route instead if you can. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

If your logo is inside an editable area on the template, this is the expected behavior. If that's the case, the best way I've found to update a logo is to replace the actual image file with an updated file (same size and file name / extension). 

If the logo is inside of a module, the existing module in your email should not get updated, but the copy in the module sidebar should be the updated version once you re-approve an email(s). To get the updated module (with the new logo) into your email (if it's in a module), you'll need to drag in a new copy of the module containing the updated logo and delete the existing logo module. This makes for a bunch of extra steps for each email, so I'd recommend going the "replace image" route instead if you can. 

kpangelinan
Level 2

Thank you for your help! I did replace image and that worked.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Dave_Roberts actually explains it really well. The idea is that an editable module in your email can actually already have email-specific content so the template update will never overwrite that.

I was curious about one thing though, so just checking: You do mention you noticed all emails went into draft, but did you approve them before you sent yourself a sample? Of course the updates do need to be approved before they show up.

kpangelinan
Level 2

Hi, yes, the emails were previously approved. However, when the template was updated, all emails went into draft that were related to that template.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

And after updating the templates you approved the drafts again? That is an important step to make sure the changes in your template do propagate to the emails if at all possible.

kpangelinan
Level 2

Yes, went and approved drafts after the updates.