Re: Email Suspended - 550 Sender email address rejected

JodiWright96
Level 2

Email Suspended - 550 Sender email address rejected

Hello! I have a handful of customer who aren't receiving our emails. After a bit of research, they were marked Email Suspended with an error code of 550 Sender email address rejected. However, more than 24 hours have passed, and they still aren't receiving our emails. We've worked with them to make sure we are whitelisted.

How do I change Email Suspended to FALSE so they can start receiving our emails?

5 REPLIES 5
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @JodiWright96 

You are not able to change the 'Email Suspended' value to False. However, if more than 24 hours have passed, you should be able to send emails to your customers that are affected by the email suspension.

The question on whether the email was delivered to the customer is a different scenario and relies on the customers email server that is receiving your emails.

Have you tried to resend the email and noticed any other email bounce/suspended notifications?

JodiWright96
Level 2

Hi @Floyd_Alvares2  - I have tried resending the email to the email suspended group with the "550 Sender email address rejected" error message, and the emails weren't sent.

The activity logs just keep updating to Changed Email Suspended at... See screenshot below.

JodiWright96_0-1629484345780.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

How do I change Email Suspended to FALSE so they can start receiving our emails?

Email Suspended = true doesn’t mean they’re currently suspended. It means they either are currently suspended or were suspended in the past.

We've worked with them to make sure we are whitelisted.

What address did you have them whitelist? The From: sender or the SMTP FROM: envelope sender?

Are you sure the leads have not been marked as Marketing Suspended by another smart campaign?

When you say “so they can start receiving,“ do you mean so Marketo will start sending, i.e. does the Send Email activity appear in their logs?

JodiWright96
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman - Here is a screenshot of some records that are affected by this (I have 52 of them and they are some of our biggest customers):

JodiWright96_0-1629484505955.png

I am not sure what they whitelisted - I had my assistant contact them. I will ask her.

The records are not marked Marketing Suspended, as you can see in the above screenshot.

Here is a screenshot of one of the customer's activity log:

JodiWright96_1-1629484852465.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I am not sure what they whitelisted - I had my assistant contact them. I will ask her.

Here is a screenshot of one of the customer's activity log:

JodiWright96_1-1629484852465.png

Right, so they’re still bouncing. Hence they’ll keep getting suspended.

It’s pretty evident that they whitelisted by the wrong characteristic. For example, whitelisting the envelope sender @example.com won’t be relevant in a standard Marketo instance, since your envelope sender will be a @{instance identifier}.mktomail.com.