SOLVED

Re: email sequence or engagement program?

Go to solution

email sequence or engagement program?

I would like to set up a campaign with the following details
- someone downloads an ebook, and starts to receive emails at least every 3 days.
- We don't send out emails on Saturday and Sunday
- we have a communication limit of 2 emails/per week 
- if we have a webinar invitation email, it is always prioriy, so needs to be send out, and this flow should wait
- If someone qualifies to MQL immediately must leave the flow
- if unsubscribe, also leave the flow
- if someone subscribes for a webinar (this email invitation is outside of this flow) immediately must leave the flow

My first idea was to solve it with an engagement program, but if I set 3 days in the cast, it won't give the result as I want

Here you have the scenario that we should have, and the second one is the Mo-We-Fr engagement program
How can I solve the first scenario? I think it is not possible with an engagement program. If I do it with 3 days delay, as far as I remember I can set the day which can be included. How can I set that the people who qualify to mql or register for a webinar will leave the flow?
If I do it with engagement program, we have generally 5 days delay which is a lot

Gyrke__Szasz__0-1654263219715.png

Thanks for your help

Kata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

What if you set the EP stream's cadence to run daily on weekdays, and add a wait step of 3 days in the nurture inbound entry campaign that triggers off when someone downloads the ebook? The nurture inbound entry campaign will add person to the engagement program after the wait step.

The same 3 days wait step and the flow steps to change the EP cadence to Pause and then Normal after the wait step should also be added after the send email flow step in the campaigns that send the nurture email (these send email campaigns will be in the individual default programs, one for each nurture content offer, and these default programs will be used in the EP's stream). The flow of send email campaigns should look like below:

Darshil_Shah1_1-1654265055617.png

Alternatively, you can also create a single campaign with flow step 2 through 4 that can be requested by all the send email campaigns, in that case the send email campaigns will have 2 flow steps - "Send Email" and "Request Campaign". This would be much cleaner.

You can create the watchdog trigger campaigns that'd change member's engagement program cadence to Paused or Normal when they become in-eligible or re-eligible for receiving the nurture content respectively based on the criteria you listed in the question. Ensure that you add flow step in the ineligibility watchdog campaign to remove people from the wait step so that cadence does not get switched back to Normal after the wait for 3 days step.

I think this should work, but let me know if I'm missing anything or in-case if you have any questions. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1

What if you set the EP stream's cadence to run daily on weekdays, and add a wait step of 3 days in the nurture inbound entry campaign that triggers off when someone downloads the ebook? The nurture inbound entry campaign will add person to the engagement program after the wait step.

The same 3 days wait step and the flow steps to change the EP cadence to Pause and then Normal after the wait step should also be added after the send email flow step in the campaigns that send the nurture email (these send email campaigns will be in the individual default programs, one for each nurture content offer, and these default programs will be used in the EP's stream). The flow of send email campaigns should look like below:

Darshil_Shah1_1-1654265055617.png

Alternatively, you can also create a single campaign with flow step 2 through 4 that can be requested by all the send email campaigns, in that case the send email campaigns will have 2 flow steps - "Send Email" and "Request Campaign". This would be much cleaner.

You can create the watchdog trigger campaigns that'd change member's engagement program cadence to Paused or Normal when they become in-eligible or re-eligible for receiving the nurture content respectively based on the criteria you listed in the question. Ensure that you add flow step in the ineligibility watchdog campaign to remove people from the wait step so that cadence does not get switched back to Normal after the wait for 3 days step.

I think this should work, but let me know if I'm missing anything or in-case if you have any questions. 🙂

Hi Darshil
I appreciate your answer, it perfectly makes sense. I learnt something again
Regards Kata

Hi. Darshil,
I build up the campaign again, and have some question. 
As a first step, emailq is easy, when someone download an ebook, add to the nurture flow. Normaly I let the nurture to send the email based on the cadence, so never add a smart campaign 'send email'
Do you think it is ok, if I add the lead to the engagement program, cadence 'normal' and then create a smart campaign like this

Gyrke__Szasz__0-1655293744783.png

Gyrke__Szasz__1-1655293784845.png

I add all emails which are in the engagement program. Everyone will get the next one in the row, right?

Is that ok, like this?

Thanks
Kata

Darshil_Shah1

I think you should use the "Was Sent Email" instead of the "Was Delivered Email" as filter in the campaign (that'd be more accurate for this campaign). I'd hope that you'll run this campaign daily after the nurtre cast (within 30 minutes of the nurture cast at the very least so that the in the past 30 minutes costraint would remain valid for the people who were sent the email by the engagement program). I think you should also add an additional constraint to ensure the "Exhasuted Content" is False in the Member of Engagement Program filter. Also, ensure that you allow people to run through this campaign multiple times.

You'd also need an inbound entry campaign that'll add people to the EP program stream with normal cadence after the wait step of 2/3 days (as per your preference) when someone downloads the ebook. You can add-in a filter in this campaign's SL to ensure that people aren't member of the EP (we wouldn't want people who already are member of the EP to re-enter/qualify for this campaign in any ways).

With both of the campaign set and properly scheduled - you'd have following result:

1.  Person downloads the eBook
  2. They qualify for the inbound entry campaign, wait for 2/3 days, gets added to the engagement program with normal cadence.
  3. They receive the first nurture email in the next cast.
  4. They qualify for the Pause Cadence campaign (the one you have in the snapshot), get their cadence to Pause, wait for 2/3 days, and get their cadence flipped back to normal. They would not receive the nurture email(s) during the EP cast when they're in the wait step of this campaign (as their cadence was updated to Paused state before they were added to the wait step).
  5. After they're out of the Pause Cadence campaign, they receive the next nurture email and qualify again for the Pause Cadence campaign. Repeat steps 3 though 5 while the person received all the nurture content emails.

Please set the engagement program stream's cadence to run every day except weekends. The Pause Cadence campaign will ensure that people will receive the nurtur email only 1x in every 2/3 days.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you've any questions. 

Thank you!

Dear Darshil,

Thank you for the detailed answer! I appreciate 

Regards

Kata

Darshil_Shah1

For sure, glad I could help! Please let us know if you have any questions. 🙂