Re: Email Sends Tracked to Landing Page Conversion?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Sends Tracked to Landing Page Conversion?

I was curious to see what other people do to figure out which emails resulted in conversions?

Currently I have been going with just using smart list of:

Filled Out Form > Form Name

Then a combinate of On or Before, Between and On or After changing based on the dates of my email sends.

I have been thinking about switching to a smart list of:

Was Sent Email > Email Name

and

Filled Out Form > Form Name (Once you fill out the form a lead changes to converted for that program and isn't sent further Calls to Action)

However, I feel like this would not include people who had the email forwarded to them, but then going just off of dates is assuming that they used the email sent to them for those dates.

There has to be an accurate way to track/measure this?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every email we send with a CTA that has a form is in a program with a smart campaign that sets the progression status to "Converted" if they submit the form within 6 weeks of the email being sent. Currently we restrict this to those leads that are members of the program (i.e. were sent the email).  We will likely be including the new Forward to a Friend link in these emails and include those in the conversion as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elliot,

How would you do it thought if your program had multiple emails as part of it, ie webcasts?  I want to know the effectiveness of each email sent as part of that program.  Either way I have been doing it I don't feel it is 100% accurate.

Patrick
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add additional progression statuses to the channel you are using for your webcast or create a new channel with multiple "converted" progression status values (e.g. Converted - 1, Converted - 2, etc.).  The smart campaign would set the appropriate progression status based on the email they clicked from before filling out the form.