Email Results Over Time By Date

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Results Over Time By Date

I'm trying to download all of our email analytics data for 2015. I need the report to break out the email data by date and email.  The only way I've been able to do that is to run a report for a specific date, showing all emails. If I enter it for a range, it totals everything for the date range - it does break it out by email but does not break it out by date.

Downloading the report for each individual date is not going to be efficient.  In Salesforce, I'm able to do an account send report which shows me all email sends with Sent, Delivered, Opens, etc by email by date.  I need something like that.  Is there a report in Marketo that does the same thing?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew_Schatzb1
Level 2

Re: Email Results Over Time By Date

Sonnia,

An email performance report (in analytics) will accomplish that for you. Just make sure to specify your date range and which emails to include (in your case likely all emails from marketing activities and design studio). Under the report tab, right click on any column and make sure First Activity and Last Activity are checked. First Activity will tell you when each email was first sent out, and Last Activity will tell you the most recent send of that email. Both dates are provided because some emails are sent multiple times.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Andrew

Andrew_Schatzb1
Level 2

Sonnia,

I just reread your question and realized I may have misunderstood your end goal. Are you looking for a report that breaks down email sends with analytics by day, rather than a date range that includes all emails sent within the range but does not show each day they were sent?

Best Regards,

Andrew

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you have RCE, you should be able to do this with an Email Analysis report. The basic analytics you will have to run a different report for each date range and smart list combination.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

I had a very similar issue as Sonnia so (as you had suggested), I relied on RCE and it worked out great for the most part.

There is one annoying thing it does that I wonder if you have a workaround for.  When there is a date where more than one email has been sent out, it merges that date value into one whole cell rather than having it cleanly broken out for each line item (hope that makes sense?).  Although it looks visually nicer, it becomes a problem when we want to download the data and analyze it further with pivot tables or charts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tin