Re: Email Response Handling

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Response Handling

We want to send emails out on behalf of our Sales reps. Would we be able to route responses directly back to the rep? Also, would we be able to copy someone from Marketing on the responses? I was able to do this in Eloqua using signature lines. How would I do this in Marketo?

Thanks. 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Amy, if you use a token in the from and reply to line of {{lead.lead owner email}} or similar (depending how you have your lead owners set up, then it will autopopulate the assigned lead owner's email address to the from and reply-to lines of the email. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You will not be able to copy marketing on a response unless your ReplyTo email is a common box. Marketo cannot record the emailed response.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use the iHance Absolute Automation app for Salesforce to automatically log inbound and outbound emails through gmail/outlook/any client. 

https://www.ihance.com/prod_aav2.aspx

Hands down one of my favourite apps (and reasonbly priced). It will ensure that all responses and emails are logged on the lead or contact record without your reps even having to think about it. 

It won't send a copy to Marketo or Marketing, but you can easily have an SFDC report for marketing to see all responses that have come in. 
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Around midyear we're planning to package our internal reply-to-Marketo service as a SaaS app.

We do write inbound replies to Marketo and require no special setup in your receiving e-mail client.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford, sounds cool. Would be interested to see how that works.