SOLVED

Email Program Audiences Not Syncing From CRM

Go to solution
solson2
Level 3

Email Program Audiences Not Syncing From CRM

Hi All, 

The Marketo instance I inherited is experiencing syncing issues from Microsoft Dynamics with our email campaigns. The campaign is syncing properly but the audience is not. Our previous workflow was to input the audience GUID and then that audience would auto-populate immediately. It is no longer populating at all. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is because our sync options are reflecting this: Enable Microsoft Dynamics Campaign Sync: false

I'm only about 8 weeks into my Marketo training and I still feel too new to be able to troubleshoot this alone. Support hasn't been as responsive as I would hope. Any info would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
solson2
Level 3

Re: Email Program Audiences Not Syncing From CRM

UPDATE: 

My team and our CRM team have met to reconfigure how our email programs are pulling info. We've found a workaround. 

Thank you to everyone for your input!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I think that’s it. You’d need to enable the Marketo and Dynamics Campaign sync as it allows Marketo to add and remove members from MS Dynamics Campaign. The Marketo program and MSD campaign sync doesn’t automatically sync program members like Marketo SFDC. However, you can use the “Add to Microsoft Campaign” in your campaign flow to add the person to the add to the MSD campaign (which is probably what you already have set up as you’d the people getting added to the campaign earlier before the campaign sync was disabled).

solson2
Level 3

Thank you for the feedback! Is there anything I should beware of if I were to switch the Enable Microsoft Dynamics Campaign Sync from false to true? 

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @solson2 

I would make sure that you have the appropriate guard rails in place, such as only syncing people who have opt-in across from Dynamics to Marketo and also check countries or regions, unless you want everyone to sync across. Do you have any blocks set up?

You can have sync rules for two way sync (when you switch on the sync) or you can have some data points or fields that can only go one way.

It would be worth getting to know you CRM team and ask what sync rules / filter are n place and add any extra one you think will help.

Microsoft Dynamics ( or any CRM) and Marketo work best when both sets of ADMINS understand both systems.

Hope this helps with another perspective.

Thanks, Zoe 

solson2
Level 3

@Zoe_Forman @Darshil_Shah1 

Thank you both! This is incredibly helpful. I've connected with the CRM team and we will be testing this theory shortly. I'll circle back with the results. Appreciate the help!

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@solson2 great to hear you have connected with your CRM team.

Yes, please circle back and let us know how you get on or if you face any other issues we maybe able to help with.

Thanks Zoe & @Darshil_Shah1 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Thank you, @Zoe_Forman!

@solson2, great— you're welcome. We're always happy to be of help! Please let us know your findings here. 🙂

solson2
Level 3

UPDATE: 

My team and our CRM team have met to reconfigure how our email programs are pulling info. We've found a workaround. 

Thank you to everyone for your input!