Email Performance Report vs. Landing Page Performance Report

Kelly_Ellswort1
Level 1

Email Performance Report vs. Landing Page Performance Report

Has anyone found a variance between the Email Performance Report and the Landing Page Performance Report? I ran both reports in the same program, but on the Email Performance, it is showing 692 unique people visited our Landing Page URL, but on the Landing Page Performance, it is only showing 270 total views. Shouldn't those two numbers match?

4 REPLIES 4
Chandan1
Level 2

Re: Email Performance Report vs. Landing Page Performance Report

HI Kelly,

In this case, I can say that the clicks count that EPR is showing is the combination of real and Bot clicks. And Landing page performance is showing the actual visits count.

Thanks,

Chandan Singh
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In this case, I can say that the clicks count that EPR is showing is the combination of real and Bot clicks. And Landing page performance is showing the actual visits count.

That's not really it.  They both reflect a mixture of automated scanning traffic and human traffic. They are simply measuring different activities.

EPR is measuring clicks that may or may not result in pageviews (some mailscanners do pageviews, too, some don't).

LPPR is measuring pageviews.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Kelly,

In addition to the previous comments, your Email Performance Report will show clicks on all links, so they may not be clicks to your landing page at all. Generally there are at least a few more links in your email than just your LP. Your Email Link Performance Report will give you a better insight of how many people actually clicked on the specific link of your landing page, but as the others said it will most likely still not fully reconcile.

Boorsu_Gangadha
Level 2

Email perf report shows Opens and CTORs, Deleverability rate of the email and Landing page perf reports shows total views and Net new names.

Ganga