Re: Email People who Have a Specific Custom Object Value AND Anniversary Date

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email People who Have a Specific Custom Object Value AND Anniversary Date

I have a CUSTOMER custom object in Marketo which has the customer's segment value and first order date (among other things).

I want to email only people in a specific segment (eg. UP) and whose first order date is today (in previous years).

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mir Rooshanak​,

Have you synced the custom object with Marketo yet? If not you can sync it in the Admin section under Salesforce, but you will first need to pause your sync between the two systems.

After you sync, you should be able to create an audience for "Has Customer" and then add the constraints of first order date and specific segment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wintha Kelati​,

Thanks for the reply. We don't use Sales Force. We are using Marketo's API to push data from our data warehouse to Marketo's custom objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds like you could do this by just putting the custom object into the smart list and adding constraints for the two fields you mentioned. If you've already tried that, could you share some more information, perhaps a screenshot, so we can help more?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no filter, at least none that I'm aware of, that lets you fire on date regardless of year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would something order date "starts with" work?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You will have to use the IN FUTURE operator or Wait Step on the First Order date unless your system also provides anniversary date.