email marked as marketing suspend still went through

Anonymous
Not applicable

email marked as marketing suspend still went through

Hello, I have a campaign that says "If has opportunity is true, then Marketing Suspend".  What is strange is that a contact is showing up as marketing suspend and they still received an email blast that we sent.  Any idea why that happened?

Thanks,

mary

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: email marked as marketing suspend still went through

Mary McDermott

Is there more than one record with that email address? Or did that person receive it through an alias they have set up (marketing@company.com)?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is that email marked as Operational?

Are you sure they are Suspended=T?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh

I thought the same thing, and checked.  It is not marked operational.  The contact is marketing suspend true. I attached a snap shot of my smart list and flow.  I can only guess it is related to the opportunity.  Though this contact came up as "blocked" on my email campaign.  Any other thoughts?  Thank you!

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 8.56.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-29 at 8.56.59 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is contact marked "blocked" and receiving emails when you send?

A Marketing Suspended contact might qualify in a campaign, but will not receive an email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, he is marked blocked AND received an email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd go back to Allison Sparrow​'s questions and double check. These are the only reasons that make sense to me.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hi Mary,

I've gone ahead and move this over into our Products & Support section. 

It might be quickest to submit a Support Ticket to investigate this.  The solution would require looking at the lead's activity history to determine why the email went out and when the Marketing Suspended action was set to "True".