SOLVED

Re: Email Link Tracking Issues

Go to solution
Zach_Bollinger
Level 2

Email Link Tracking Issues

Hi All,  I was wondering if anyone runs into this issue when tracking link clicks in emails! 

I noticed that in the results section of our emails smart campaign, clicks show up correctly and give the information of what link was clicked. But when I want to filter down in a separate smart campaign using this smart list : Clicked Link in email, A, B. Link is A. The person does not appear in the list. 

Any luck?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You should be using the Link ID [is] constraint and assigning a predictable ID to the tag:

<a href="https://{{my.download link}}" id="download-link">Go</a>

Like Darshil says, you cannot use the token name itself in the Link [contains] constraint. It simply won’t be interpolated, so it’s as if you wrote Link [contains] “**my.download link**” or “??my.download link??” — no special treatment is given to the curly braces.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

In the Clicked Link in Email filter - you need to add values for the email(s) in the Email constraint and in the Link constraint you need to add the respective link(s) - you can play with operators in the constraint to suit your exact needs.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1649179941204.png

Clicked Link in email, A, B. Link is A. The person does not appear in the list. 

Are you selecting the value A in the Link too? From the above it appears that you're using the value A in both Email and Link constraints - which doesn't seem right.

Zach_Bollinger
Level 2

No, but I can see where you are confused by my wording.  

This is what my smart list looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 1.47.50 PM.png

This all of the links, but if I chose the "{{my.download}}" link (its the same in both of the emails). The list turns to 0, even though that is the link that shows clicks in the "results" tab. 

I hope this helps?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, the last time I checked and tested Marketo does not allow/resolve the tokens inside the filters - unfortunately you would have to add the actual link there that you see in the activity log instead of {my.}} token. There's an idea here to enable usage of tokens in the SL filters/triggers if you wanna vote.   

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You should be using the Link ID [is] constraint and assigning a predictable ID to the tag:

<a href="https://{{my.download link}}" id="download-link">Go</a>

Like Darshil says, you cannot use the token name itself in the Link [contains] constraint. It simply won’t be interpolated, so it’s as if you wrote Link [contains] “**my.download link**” or “??my.download link??” — no special treatment is given to the curly braces.