SOLVED

Re: Email Link Performance Report - total number of unique people

Go to solution
Kristof
Level 4

Email Link Performance Report - total number of unique people

Hello,
am I missing something or the sum total of unique people in this report is quite misleading?
I've sent an email to 2 people: person A clicked on 2 links, and person B clicked on 3 links, meaning = 2 unique people clicked, but the sum shows 5 people, so it seems incorrect. Thoughts? Screenshot below:

click.png

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I think you're confusing unique people who clicked the link with unique people who clicked any link in the report. FYI, the Email Link Performance report represents each link in a row, and in that row, the People column lists the unique people who clicked the link (so if the same person clicked that particular link multiple times, the People column in that row would just say 1, i.e., unique people who clicked that link). However, if the same person clicks different links, they'll be represented or included in the counts of each of the links once. An email performance report isn't like a smart list in which a person appears only once, even if they qualify for multiple filters.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

I think you're confusing unique people who clicked the link with unique people who clicked any link in the report. FYI, the Email Link Performance report represents each link in a row, and in that row, the People column lists the unique people who clicked the link (so if the same person clicked that particular link multiple times, the People column in that row would just say 1, i.e., unique people who clicked that link). However, if the same person clicks different links, they'll be represented or included in the counts of each of the links once. An email performance report isn't like a smart list in which a person appears only once, even if they qualify for multiple filters.

Kristof
Level 4

Thanks @Darshil_Shah1, got it!

So it actually comes down to the fact that the name of the "People" column is a little bit confusing. I would rename it and call it "Unique Clicks"  😉

Darshil_Shah1

@Kristof wrote:

Thanks @Darshil_Shah1, got it!

So it actually comes down to the fact that the name of the "People" column is a little bit confusing. I would rename it and call it "Unique Clicks"  😉

You're very welcome, @Kristof! Well, yes, in a way, but I think things become clear when we see # in People for each individual click logged in the report. Recall that the number of people who click on each individual link (i.e., each row) is distinct. Nevertheless, one cannot assume the same thing when calculating the total number of people who click on all the links, since a person may have clicked on multiple links in the report.