SOLVED

Best practice to prepare for Marketo Solution Architect Exam

Go to solution
jatinder_kaur29
Level 1

Best practice to prepare for Marketo Solution Architect Exam

Hi All, 

After successful attempts of 2X Marketo Business Practitioner Certification exams plus having around 5 years of working experience on the Marketo, what is the best practice to prepare for the Marketo Solution Architect Exam? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Best practice to prepare for Marketo Solution Architect Exam

I strongly assume you know this page, right? https://express.adobe.com/page/NkbePPtTMD3qq/ There are sample questions here, and I guess that's already the best you can do. I am not aware of any other resources specifically for this cert.

Note also that everyone who passed this cert is not allowed to talk about it. That might be why it's so quiet in here. 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I strongly assume you know this page, right? https://express.adobe.com/page/NkbePPtTMD3qq/ There are sample questions here, and I guess that's already the best you can do. I am not aware of any other resources specifically for this cert.

Note also that everyone who passed this cert is not allowed to talk about it. That might be why it's so quiet in here. 🙂

Kristof
Level 3

@Michael_Florin  could you explain a bit more why people are not allowed to talk about it? 😉 I wasn't aware of this and I'm considering doing this exam. What are the reasons behind this?

kristof
Zoe_Forman
Level 7 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Kristof The Architect exam recently changed. Previously you did a presentation which was your own personal subject expertise. The latest exam is multiple choice.

The reason for not sharing would have been as old presentations were personal to the person who created and delivered them and so their Intellectual Property not to share.

Follow the exam page and test questions links, but the exam is more based on hands on experience in Marketo.

Here are the guidelines:

• Prerequisite: Active (not expired) Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert Certification
  • Level: Master (3-5 years’ experience)
  • Practitioner certification
  • Passing Score: 32/50
  • Time: 100 mins
  • Delivery: Online proctored (requires camera access)
  • Available languages: English
  • Cost: $225 (global) / $150 (India)
  • Exam ID: AD0-E560

Kristof
Level 3

Many thanks @Zoe_Forman, that's very helpful! Any idea how many Architects are currently out there and since when the exam has a form of a test?

kristof
Zoe_Forman
Level 7 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

hi @Kristof Not sure of number of Architects - expired, current (old or new) not seen this published anywhere.

The Adobe Marketo exams were in the  last year, I believe the Architect was the last one to be changed to the proctored exam format.

I am a MCE twice (old and new) and looking to take my Architect this year.

Let me know how you get on. Good luck.

Kristof
Level 3

Thanks @Zoe_Forman and fingers crossed for your exam as well! ✌️

I may reach out to you directly once I have any questions on the way while preparing for my exam 😉 

kristof
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Kristof, I was the 296th MCSA, as intimated by my panel head when I got certified back in 2021. I was probably the last person to do the exam in the thesis-based format, where I'd present the entire Marketo implementation I led, provide supporting documentation, and do a 90-minute presentation in front of a panel from Adobe. Recently, after that, Adobe switched to an MCQ-based exam, and it's more of a scenario-based question—one would need to have hands-on experience leading complex Marketo projects, operations, and a bit of project, timeline, and team management too.

Kristof
Level 3

Very interesting, thanks for a broader context on this, @Darshil_Shah1, and again congrats! 🙌

kristof
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I read somewhere that in 2017 there were 170 certified Solution Architects world wide. Can't confirm or dispute that number, of course.