Re: Email Link Performance Report showing different results to "Clicks' Smart Campaign

Stephanie5
Level 1

Email Link Performance Report showing different results to "Clicks' Smart Campaign

I have an engagement stream running with a smart campaign that has a count of 26. - Using the "Clicks link in email" trigger and selecting all 8 of my emails in the stream 

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 6.47.25 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 6.43.13 am.png

BUT now the Email Link Performance Report is showing 226!! A MUCH higher number - how could this be? 

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 6.42.15 am.png

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Email Link Performance Report showing different results to "Clicks' Smart Campaign

Smart Campaign members are people who have qualified.

Link clicks are clicks — and a person can click more than one link.

They aren’t conflicting results because they’re measuring different things.

Stephanie5
Level 1

Qualified by my criteria in my Smart campaign? 

SanfordWhiteman

Qualified by my criteria in my Smart campaign?

Yes.

Stephanie5
Level 1

That's what's got me confused - as my only criteria (screen shot in original post) is Clicks link in email and I've selected in all my emails within the engagement stream. 

How is that a qualification higher than the report is showing?

SanfordWhiteman

Again, your Smart Campaign members are people. Not clicks. A person can only be counted as an SC member once.
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

To expand a little further: It looks like you have 20 people or so who simply clicked all the links and then maybe another group who only clicked one or two. So your smart list would show 20-30 people, but the report shows how many people for EACH link, so those 20 or so people are counted loads of time.

By the way: If the number of people clicking on each link are so close together, my guess would be that the majority of them will  be mailscanners and not people at all...