SOLVED

Re: Email link performance not matching smart list or smart campaign results

Go to solution
trevlarrr
Level 3

Email link performance not matching smart list or smart campaign results

Hi, we're running a smart campaign and from the email link performance we can see that 5 people have clicked on a link to download an asset (image 1), however,  when I run a smart list to see who has downloaded the asset it doesn't return any results (image 2). There was also a separate smart campaign flow that was supposed to push any clicks in to a Salesforce campaign but no one has been pushed through that either, which was what made us question this. Can anyone explain why those 5 people that clicked aren't showing up anywhere?

trevlarrr_0-1666800247134.png

trevlarrr_1-1666800416912.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Ideally, if the people who clicked the link are not deleted, and assuming the link and the email name values in the smart list filter constraint are accurate, you should see the people in the SL.

Can you try using a broader operator in the link constraint instead of the exact match, e.g., contains, and see if you're able to see people in the SL?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Darshil_Shah1

Are you able to see people in the SL if you change to link to other than what you're using in the filter right now? e.g., the Unsubscribe link, privacy policy, or just any link. This will help verify whether you're also seeing similar behavior for other links in the email as well or not. Also, how old are these activities?

trevlarrr
Level 3

Hi Darshil, yes, if I change the SL to any other link then it shows the people but for some reason nothing shows for that link. The activity is all from the last week since the email went out

Darshil_Shah1

Ideally, if the people who clicked the link are not deleted, and assuming the link and the email name values in the smart list filter constraint are accurate, you should see the people in the SL.

Can you try using a broader operator in the link constraint instead of the exact match, e.g., contains, and see if you're able to see people in the SL?

trevlarrr
Level 3

That's actually worked, thank you! Given I selected the link from the dropdown of available links in that email, why would it not pick that up? The link hasn't changed so it's a bit confusing that it wouldn't find them from the exact match

Darshil_Shah1

Can you verify if the link that you're adding in the SL filter constraint exactly matches with what you see in the Click Link activity in the person activity log? As you'd know the "is" operator checks for an exact match, unlike the "contains" operator.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1666959197850.png

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Can you see if those leads actually exist within DB? One reason this happens is because the leads have been deleted.

Email Link Performance Report is just maintaining the Performance data of Email Link (i.e. how many people clicked the link) - this will stay 5 even if the leads are deleted, and when you apply the rule in smart list and try to find people who have clicked - they won't show up if they have been deleted

trevlarrr
Level 3

Hi Balkar, the list was only added last week when the email went out, nothing has been deleted from it so it shouldn't be that

alyssa2
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm experiencing this same problem today when looking for who clicked a specific link in my newsletter.

I've changes the fields between 'is' to 'contains', and a report it produced for every other link except the one I want.

How can I see if this link has been deleted in the database? And can it be recovered? I can't imagine how I would have deleted it but I'm starting to think this is the only reasonable explanation.

Thanks for your help

Darshil_Shah1

Well, the link can't be deleted from the DB, as it wasn't there in the first place; more accurately, the people with activities on that link may have been deleted from the DB (or the activities would have been purged from the DB after the 25-month retention period in the case of the email link clicks). If you set the apt configuration in the setup tab, do you see that link appearing in the email link performance report? Email performance reports retain the data for the deleted people as well.