SOLVED

Email Invalid Infinite Loop - Check/Uncheck

Go to solution
Disclose0198
Level 2

Email Invalid Infinite Loop - Check/Uncheck

Hello good afternoon,

I am having trouble understanding how a Person update in Marketo causes Salesforce to enter in an infinite loop of sorts via Field Tracking in the related list of Contact History.

For example: My coworker checked the field "Email Invalid" in Marketo for a Person record. It saves. 5 minutes later it gets synced into Salesforce. But it never stops it keeps checking and unchecking.

Info Field Marketo.JPG

The Problem: The Marketo Sync User Checks the Email Invalid Field to True. Then it looks at the Email Invalid Cause. Then it Unchecks the Email Invalid Field to False. And the cycle repeats an infinite number of times 5 days a week Monday-Friday ever since May 2022 when I first started working here!

Example Record With 200+ Activity Log Syncs.JPG

My temporary solution: I don't know why an edit from Marketo into Salesforce creates this infinite loop. But, when I go to the record in Salesforce and then it Syncs into Marketo it works and stops and only updates once. So Marketo to Salesforce creates a loop. Salesforce to Marketo works fine. Does anyone know why this is happening? Right now I manually checked "Email Invalid" in Salesforce and the loop has stopped. But I do feel like this will happen again in the future and wonder if anyone else has experience with this? 

Salesforce.JPG

Thank you,

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Email Invalid Infinite Loop - Check/Uncheck

Sounds you have automation on the SFDC side that's causing this. Look at your flow/process builder/Apex triggers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sounds you have automation on the SFDC side that's causing this. Look at your flow/process builder/Apex triggers.

Disclose0198
Level 2

I did some digging and the only automation I found referencing the Email Invalid field was in 1 Process Builder! Seeing as this needed to be converted into a Flow anyway I converted it into a Flow to look at the logic better. Looks like based on a New Contact Saves or Contact Update Saves, it triggers this Flow and if Marketo Sync is the User who edited this record among other conditions it follows this decision branch and goes here to update the Email Invalid field to it's "prior" value! Now I got to talk to my team why it was built this way. 

Thank you!

email prior.JPG

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I agree with Sandy! You probably a workflow/automation in SFDC running on the basis of updates to the Email Invalid and Email Invalid Cause fields, probably an update to one of the fields is trigerring an update to the another field, which in-turn is triggering an update to the former field and so on.