Email Hard Bounce Reporting Discrepancy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Hard Bounce Reporting Discrepancy

We are running a bounceback report for all of the campaigns deployed from September 1 till Novmber 30. When we go to the report page under analytics it is showing that 805 contacts have bounced back. We have created our smartlist to contain all the campaigns, as well as chosen the specific dates, but why are only 660 contacts are showing up in the exported report? What are we doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Hard Bounce Reporting Discrepancy

Can you show us the smart list you are using?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

I read a lot of your posts in the community and value your input. I'm having the same issue with hard bounce reporting and posted some images below.

Have you ever run into this before?

-Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure the smart list I am using is with the filter email bounced:

We have set the constraints to be: Email contains - then the list of our 15 programs with the date of activity between September 1 - November 30.

I was attempting to take a screen shot but that doesn't seem to be working

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue where my email report shows 168 bounced email addresses but the smart list only shows 14. 

I see that this is a hot topic in the community. Has Marketo been able to come up with a good solution for this? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here...  Our email performance report shows 948 hard bounces:

mkto-email-performance-hard-bounce.jpg

We're trying to pull out our hard bounces to give to global reps for updating, so I created a SmartList with a date constraint below, sounds just like what Vendredi did:

hard-bounce-smartlist-discrapency.jpg

You can see in the actual lead report that 950 hard bounces are pulled which is more than the email performance report said I should have. On top of that, I have a bounce status column on my report and it's showing many of these leads as "No Bounce".  It's a head scratcher...shouldn't be this difficult. Very frustrating!

bounce-lead-report-w-bounce-status.jpg