Email Editor v 2.0 saving my emails to earlier versions

Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

Email Editor v 2.0 saving my emails to earlier versions

This has happened to me 3-4 times in the past couple weeks. I will be editing the source of an email that I created in v2. When I click save, Marketo loses all of my updates from the revision I just made, as well as any revisions I made days, even weeks earlier. Has anyone found a resolution to this issue. I have actually started saving copies in an HTML editor so that when Marketo loses my revisions I can copy and paste in the updates it just lost.

4 REPLIES 4
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Editor v 2.0 saving my emails to earlier versions

Hey Kim,

Sounds super frustrating. Do you have multiple windows of marketo open and/or multiple users working in the same program? That happens to me sometimes.

In regards to editing HTML, I do that outside of Marketo with an editor, and think it is a good practice.

Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

Thanks, Darrell. Yes, I did have multiple Marketo windows open during all of these instances. I will try next time having only 1 email open at a time. I have been saving outside of Marketo - the one issue I have with that is that when I paste the revised code back into Marketo the Modules tab is grayed out and loses functionality. Since I am the only one who codes at my office I like the Modules tab to be functional so others can drag and drop as the need arises.

We have several people here who work in Marketo, but we all have separate logins, so I didn't think that could be an issue. We have had issues with 2 people (unknowingly) working on the same email & information being lost between the 2 sets of updates, but we handled that awhile back.

Thanks for your information, I'll give it a try.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kim,

Look at the audit trail (admin-> audit trail) to see whether the email was saved multiple times in a short period of time from various users.

-Greg

Kim_Yearwood
Level 2

I don't have access to the audit trail. I'll ask our VP to review. In this instance I can say that I am the only one working the email since I am setting new styles in a folder away from our approved email sets. However, I have been saving it much more than I usually save html work simply because it's a long email with a lot of edits and it is during the save when the email crashes and reverts back to an earlier version of itself. Thanks for the input, will check into this.