Re: Email Editor 2.0 - Modules not editable

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Email Editor 2.0 - Modules not editable

I created a container and placed several modules inside of it.

However, when opening the email editor, all of the "mkteditable" elements outside of the container are editable but not the modules inside of the container. All of the modules show up with a corresponding screenshot in the "modules" tab on the right, but they aren't editable. The editor also freezes and scrolling doesn't work when I try to rearrange the screenshots in the modules tab.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I created a separate simplified template with the exact same code but with 4 identical hero image modules and those worked with no issues. It seems like something in one of my modules is causing problems but I've already checked the code numerous times and can't find anything wrong.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

I'm not 100% clear what you mean by this. Modules themselves aren't editable, they can only be added or re-order within an email. You need to insert children elements + variables within the module like rich-text, images, video, etc. if you want there to be editable content within the module. Also seems there's confusion about the right-pane. The order in that right-pane cannot be changed. They are ordered as they appear in your code from top to bottom.

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your response. Yes, all the modules in our template have 1 mkteditable div each. For some reason, the mkteditable divs inside of the modules are not editable (the ones outside of the container are editable).

In addition, the modules themselves are not showing up in the content tab on the right hand side, so no rearranging is possible.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Why don't you send me your code to jcooperman@marketo.com and I'll try to see what's happening for you.

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was a solution to this problem ever determined? I believe I'm having the same problem.

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Charles Sanderson​, Justin took a look at our templates and the issue in our case was due to case-sensitivity. Make sure you're using "mktoContainer" and "mktoModule" and not "mktocontainer" and "mktomodule" in your code.

Hope that helps!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Charles Sanderson​ - Email me if you are still seeing issues. jcooperman@marketo.com

Thanks,

Justin