SOLVED

Re: Email Editor 2.0 - Iceberg template

Go to solution
Eileen_DeLeon
Level 2

Email Editor 2.0 - Iceberg template

Greetings, marketing nation! I'm just getting started with a brand new, completely clean Marketo instance and we've turned on Email Editor 2.0 from the get-go to avoid migration pains later on once we have campaigns running. I'm having some editing troubles with the Iceberg starter template, specifically:

In the email editor, there's a content module called "Social" that has 7 social icons. We're only using 4 of the 7, so I deleted the icons for the three we aren't using. I am not able to delete the actual image container, so in both my template and my sample email, the placeholder area for the missing social icons is still showing. Is it possible to delete the container altogether from the email editor? Does this have to be done at the code level?

Editor:

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 10.00.36 AM.png

Sample Email:

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 10.02.24 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to edit the html in the template itself.  It pretty easy actually, you can just delete it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to edit the html in the template itself.  It pretty easy actually, you can just delete it.

Eileen_DeLeon
Level 2

Excellent, got it!

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 2.15.34 PM.png

I'm always wary of editing the code because I'm still thinking in terms of editor 1.0. Very glad for this update in 2.0 which allows me to edit the code within editable areas while maintaining connection to the template!

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the option to link those social media icons?  Perhaps you set them in another place?  I know I can go in to the HTML and do it, but I was curious that I saw this issue in all the templates.

social.JPG

Eileen_DeLeon
Level 2

Good point Ouida Linkous​, I'm seeing that the "Link URL" field is grayed out in my editor for these social icons, but I am able to add a link URL to other image assets in the email. Perhaps the recommended use is to set these at the template level in order to discourage edits at the email level? Would be eager to hear an expert's thoughts on this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

For us, we have multiple products and they each have their own social media links so we would prefer to update them directly at the image level.  I haven't looked at all templates yet, but for the ones I have checked out, they are all greyed out. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked all of the templates and they are all greyed out for the social icons. Some of the logos in the headers can be swapped out and you can add the Link URL.