How to Determine Product Interest in an Engagement Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Determine Product Interest in an Engagement Program

My team is in the process of creating an Engagement Program. The design that we have outlined includes an initial stage that introduces my company and a second stage separated by line of business/product. We’ve had a couple of thoughts on how to go about determining a lead’s product interest including sending a survey in the first stage, creating a landing page for leads to choose their interest, using lead scores based on the content we send in the first stage, etc. Has anyone dealt with this issue? What have been the most effective ways of determining a lead’s product interest? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: How to Determine Product Interest in an Engagement Program

Hi Jeff,

Basically 2 options:

1. Implicit: You analyze the lead behavior, with web page he visited after receiving the email, etc... and you try to make sense of this
  2. Explicit: You just ask the "primary center of interest" question in the form

My experience is that the implicit approach gives false results, because more and more people tend to wander on the site and look at page that do not really interest them, just by curiosity... So I prefer the explicit way

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did you search the forum? I bet there are tons of ideas.

• Pages Visited
  • Lead's form fill info
  • assets downloaded
  • buyer persona
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically what I would do is to create product interest lead scores and track those scores based on page visits, email opens and links clicked that are related to that product.  I would also track form fills which ask what product(s) they are interested in.  Lastly, I would add a custom object where I can create multiple records, one for each product they are interested in.  With the custom object I can then filter and trigger based on their areas of interest