SOLVED

Re: email delivered numerous times to same person

Go to solution
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

email delivered numerous times to same person

I recently sent out an email with a smart campaign. I received feedback from a prospect telling us he received the email 47 TIMES....HORRIBLE.

I only received this feedback from 1 person on the list of those that received it. In his activity record it only shows him being delivered the email 1 time. He DOES NOT have duplicate lead records in marketo either.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Darell,

I really do not think the communication limit has any impact on this. As written by Sanford, this is much more likely an issue on the customer side, but the only way to be sure is to have a look at the email header.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Paul,

Pls, move this question to Products where it belongs Marketing Central if fir generic marketing questions.

I would call it a urgent case for support

Can your prospect send you back these emails? In the code (header) of the email, there are some routing information that might be useful to support.

-Greg

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Thank you guys.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This probably should be in Products​.

At any rate, if there's a single case like this I would be more likely to think he has a redirect loop set up on his end (for example, a filter that redirects mail to another mailbox that in turn reenters his primary inbox) than to blame Marketo. The way to verify this is by looking at the Message-ID header of the messages. If it's one message rattling around in his system(s) they would have the same Message-ID.

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Right this should be in products!

But Paul Johnson​ you should have your communication limits setup which would prevent this.

You may find the cause, but there is always the chance human error or something you don't see will happen in the future.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Darell,

I really do not think the communication limit has any impact on this. As written by Sanford, this is much more likely an issue on the customer side, but the only way to be sure is to have a look at the email header.

-Greg

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Grégoire Michel​ ah you are right, I should have read that closer.