Email Campaign Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Campaign Help

Hello- I am trying to set up a string of email invitations. This is what I am trying to create...

1. Send Email #1 to list

1. Lead click link in email
      1. Receive a confirmation trigger email
    2. Lead doesn’t click link in email

2. Send Email #2 to leads who did not click link in Email #1

1. Lead click link
    2. Lead doesn’t click link in email

3. Send Email #3 to the leads who didn’t click link in Email #2

1. Lead click link
    2. Lead doesn’t click the link in the email

4. Send email #4 to all leads who clicked the link (in email #1, 2, and 3) on a specific day in the future.

The triggered confirmation email is working correctly.

I have created smart campaign tests to complete step 2, 3, 4. However, the emails are still being sent to everyone on the initial list. Can someone please lend a hand Still pretty new to Marketo

Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Campaign Help

Have you already sent Email 1?

What happens when you remove the date of activity? Not sure that's really needed.

Are you sure people clicked Email 1?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh- thanks for the reply.

Yes, I sent email 1 and used myself and my coworkers' emails for the test. I asked some people to click, and others to not click. Either way, all of us received email 1, 2, and 3. Clicks and no clicks. Please let me know if you would like to see any of the screenshots of the test send.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Katie, it sounds like you did, but did you actually schedule a test send campaign? Or did you just send samples of the emails?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory- I activated/ scheduled all the smart campaigns.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Sorry, that may not have been clear. The emails that you and your team clicked on... were they part of a smart campaign to do the actual sends, or did you "Send Sample" of the emails?

This: pastedImage_0.png

VS This: pastedImage_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry- I wasn't clear either. When I say test, I mean we are actually running the campaigns the entire way through. I say test because it is going internally through my company and not out to our members.

So yes, we sent out the smart campaigns.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hmm. Assuming that you've sent the same exact email that you're referencing in the other smart campaigns, it's hard to tell why the subsequent emails are still being sent. I'd reach out to support for more help here.