Re: Email Bounced constraints clarification

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Email Bounced constraints clarification

Could someone shed some light on the "email bounce" constraints (see below)? Does it pass any information into the "email suspended cause" / "email invalid cause" fields?

0EM50000000Qzjm.jpg
 Thanks!

Itay
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Itay,

The bounce cause may set the other two fields. So a Suspended by flow action or by a soft bounce will show up differently.

In this trigger, I think you'll have to use CONTAINS because bounce cause response codes vary widely by target server. Check your hard bounces for the bounce details to see what I mean.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are some sub codes:
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Ph6TAAS
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Thanks guys, I wanted to flag bounced email due to spam with this trigger, so I used the following:

Email Bounce: Email is Any
                      Details contains "spam"
Flow Action: change data value: "marketing suspended" is true

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Itay, I stopped using this, as some spam reasons are only temporary. Example SpamCop is only marking the spam for 4, 8, 12 hours, and so so. This also happens because another customer on your shared Marketo server is sending SPAM. So why would you suspend marketing? You didn't do anything wrong and you do want to email that lead again within a certain period right?

I will only reactivate this (to improce trust score) when Marketo starts assigning IP's per customer.