Email Blast Stopped Sending

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Blast Stopped Sending

I created an email blast,and uploaded a list of 104k contacts. The email started to send, and went to 142 contacts, 2 were actually delivered. After 20 minutes, I verified that no more emails were sent -- still stuck at 142 and 2 delivered. 

I deleted the smart list to stop the email, and cloned the email blast to re-send. Uploaded the same list of 104k contacts (minus the 142 that were sent previously) and scheduled it. 10 minutes after the send, 5 emails were sent, only 2 delievered. No more emails were sent.

How do I get the rest of my emails sent? Are they hung up? System glitch? Appreciate any suggestions you guys have!

Carey 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Blast Stopped Sending

I would call support. I'm concerned about the way you did this:
  1. where are these leads coming from?
  2. Is this an opted in list?
  3. Do these leads exist in teh database already?
  4. Deleting the "List" does not delete the leads.
  5. You cannot delete the smart list to stop the email once it is in process.
  6. There is an abort button on the smart campaign, if that's what you used.
  7. It takes time to process 104,000 leads!
  8. Did you check the Schedule tab to confirm the total count of leads to receive the email?
  9. How many of the 104k list go to gmail or yahoo? Marketo tends to throttle those leads because gmail and yahoo do that too.
I would contact support to ask them to investigate the issue and to  abort the campaign from their end.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Liked for completeness!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh, 
Thank  you for your response! I am at my wits end here, and I apprecaite all your questions. They game me some good directions to investigate. Some answers:

1. where are these leads coming from? Came from a spreadsheet that originated from Marketo, and segmented manuall outside of Marketo, then uploaded. I used the upload to create a smart list. 
  2. Is this an opted in list? It looks like the opt-outs are scrubbed from the list prior to send, so I think we are good here. 
  3. Do these leads exist in teh database already? Yep, but this could be the problem. ?
  4. Deleting the "List" does not delete the leads. Yep, I'm with you on this one. They are still leads in the DB, I did it to ensure the email blast would stop while I trouble shoot. Might not be the best idea, but it was all I could come up with at the time. 
  5. You cannot delete the smart list to stop the email once it is in process. Here's where the problem starts. How so I ensure it's stopped? It is not a smart campaign, just an email blast. 
  6. There is an abort button on the smart campaign, if that's what you used. EEP!
  7. It takes time to process 104,000 leads! I get that, but after monitoring the first send for 20 minutes, the email sends and delivereds never moved. It seemed to be hung up somewhere. Help?
  8. Did you check the Schedule tab to confirm the total count of leads to receive the email? I don't see this in the Email blasts. Help?
  9. How many of the 104k list go to gmail or yahoo? Marketo tends to throttle those leads because gmail and yahoo do that too. I should look into this. We are B2B, so my gut tells me very few. 
I opened a support case just to make sure it all gets corrected. Thanks for the help!

Cheers!

Carey