SOLVED

email blast report - performance of each lead

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

email blast report - performance of each lead

Hi,

I need your help with something: I’ve created an email blast to a lot of leads. I want to see the performance of each lead, for example: list of all the leads that opened the e-mail, list of all the leads that clicked the e-mail, etc.

I can’t find a simple report that present the info easily – I thought “Lead Performance” will do the job, but it doesn’t.

The summary (Email Performance) report give only the stats. The view results (https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/View+Email+Program+Results), isn’t helpful because it will require to use a lot of work in excel.

The only option I thought is to create smart lists – for open, clicked, etc.; but I’m sure there is a simpler way to do it.

I also viewed the Report Types, https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Report+Types, but no help there as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Guy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Colin_Mann
Level 5

Re: email blast report - performance of each lead

The new Email Insights feature in the latest release might be useful to you. Apparently the notes will be on the Product Documents on Friday of this week - see Email Insights - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

We have felt the same about the default email reports in the past and have tended to supplement these by using smart lists and smart campaigns. Smart lists are a simple solution to add additional metrics and I've always found them easy to set up and run - they offer the advantage of being able to set up email subscriptions too which is an easy solution to the challenge of people asking for regular updates.

We use the smart campaigns (entitled Interesting Moments internally) to add more descriptive information such as a narrative description, lead source, lead source description etc. This relates more to passing the qualitative information over to our CRM though than the more quantitative analytics.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Colin_Mann
Level 5

The new Email Insights feature in the latest release might be useful to you. Apparently the notes will be on the Product Documents on Friday of this week - see Email Insights - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

We have felt the same about the default email reports in the past and have tended to supplement these by using smart lists and smart campaigns. Smart lists are a simple solution to add additional metrics and I've always found them easy to set up and run - they offer the advantage of being able to set up email subscriptions too which is an easy solution to the challenge of people asking for regular updates.

We use the smart campaigns (entitled Interesting Moments internally) to add more descriptive information such as a narrative description, lead source, lead source description etc. This relates more to passing the qualitative information over to our CRM though than the more quantitative analytics.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i will wait for the reports / insights.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You could create more in-depth Program Statuses for those actions you'd like to track, changing the Program Status with triggered Smart Campaigns. Then this would be viewable in the Members tab. We have implemented this in our instance so such stats are available in one view at the Member (lead) level.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you give me an example / Doc how it can be done?

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You'll have to change the Program Statuses in the Admin section to what you're wanting to track (adding Opened, Clicked, etc).

Afterward, you'll set up trigger campaigns to change those statuses. For example:

Smart List: Clicks link in Email is [Email Name]

Flow: Change Program Status; New Status is Clicked

Heres a doc about Program Statuses:

Change Program Status - Marketo Docs - Product Docs