SOLVED

Re: Email Analytics with an A/B tested Email Blast Issues

Go to solution
Jake_Kalinoski
Level 2

Email Analytics with an A/B tested Email Blast Issues

Hi there,

I am trying to run an Email Link Performance report for an Email Blast that was A/B tested. The issue that I am running into is that I am only able to select the whole program, and not the individual emails tested within the program. I want to see where and what is being clicked on within each email but my report only give me stats for all emails combined in the program and I am unable to specify the individual emails.

Is there a workaround with this?

Thanks,

Jake

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valerie_Whitin2
Level 5

Hi Jake Kalinoski

You will have to pull it for each version of the email you had. But in the email link performance report itself, select the email program in the set up. Then in the smart list add a filter called "delivered email" select the email you tested, then add the constraint "Test Variant" and select which version you want to look at. Then that will only give you the numbers for that specific version. This also works in the email performance report. Hope this helps!

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Jake,

If you have tested it via email send, you can view the email performance report just by changing the program view from Summary to Dashboard.

Capture.PNG

Jake_Kalinoski
Level 2

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your response. However, this only shows the email performance. I would like to see the email LINK performance with the individual emails and see which links are getting clicked on in the emails. My report shows these analytics, but it combines the stats for the program as a whole instead of each email that was in the a/b test.

Thanks,

Jake

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

I am not sure why it is showing a the result as a whole but have you tried creating a smart list that says:

Clicked link in the email ( Link URL) and that gives you the number of people who have clicked that particular link in email. Though this looks like a longer process but I think this should help.

Sanford Whiteman​ sir, do you have any recommendations here?

Thanks

Jake_Kalinoski
Level 2

I will try that. A tedious process but if it works, it works.

Perhaps I should escalate a support ticket.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Yes, please do let me know if it was able to solve your purpose.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Tashmeem,

As far as I know, if a report is created within a program it selects the all the emails created within a program by default. I am not sure if this can be an issue here.

Thanks

Tashmeem_Waqas1
Level 2

Hi Ankit

Yes by default, but in the set up tab of the report you can deselect/select emails you would like to see the stats for, thats the screenshot I shared.

Cheers

Tash

Valerie_Whitin2
Level 5

Hi Jake Kalinoski

You will have to pull it for each version of the email you had. But in the email link performance report itself, select the email program in the set up. Then in the smart list add a filter called "delivered email" select the email you tested, then add the constraint "Test Variant" and select which version you want to look at. Then that will only give you the numbers for that specific version. This also works in the email performance report. Hope this helps!

pastedImage_0.png

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

This is the correct answer and the only way to do it, really. Smart Lister filter with "Variant". Cumbersome.