Email alerts for new leads without CRM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email alerts for new leads without CRM

Hi all,

Can we send an email alert when new leads are created after filling a form even when Marketo is not link to a CRM ?
I created a smart campaign to do so, my trigger is "filled a form is XXX" and my flow is "send an alert: form is filled is XXX"
Choice 1 : "Email : Alert form is filled " send to "none" ( as we do not have any sales holder registered in Marketo ) send to others : my email.

This smart campaign do not work as I did not receive any email alert.
Is there anything wrong in my smart campaign ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Irene
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Email alerts for new leads without CRM

Hi Irene, you can send the email alert when new leads are created even if Marketo isn't linked to a CRM. From your initial description, it sounds like this was set up correctly but as you said it isn't working. Is it possible to post a screenshot to narrow down any issues? If not, you might try removing the form requirement from the flow since you've already designated that in the trigger.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

A better trigger for lead is created is:

Lead is Created, Source=Filled Out Form
Filter: Filled Out Form IS X

Flow
Send Alert Y to Lead Owner=None, youremailaddress@you.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if you want the email to include the name of the form etc. under flow add an interesting moment, type=email, and then in the description use one of these:
  • {{trigger.Trigger Name}}
  • {{trigger.Name}}
  • {{trigger.Web Page}}
  • {{trigger.Client IP Address}}
Hope that helps! I don’t have a CRM either and that’s what I do so my sales team knows what the lead did (for more triggers, go here https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KywJCAS#fills-out-form)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all for your answers !

Josh, I applied your method and it is working now.
But I am not receiving alerts on my working outlook email (even on my outlook spam), only on my personnal hotmail adress.

Another question : I thought that we could received new created leads informations but it is only an alert ?

BR,

Irene