SOLVED

Email Address Failing to Find People In Marketo

Go to solution
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Email Address Failing to Find People In Marketo

Hey all! 

As mentioned in the subject line, it seems the email address filter is failing to find people in the database. 

Smartcamapign filters are: Email Address is "person1@abc.com or person2@abc.com", then change program status to attended 

However, when I go to schedule I can see only one person qualifies for the smart campaign despite both being in Marketo database when I search through all people with those exact email addresses. 

Any ideas whats going on here? 

PS: These people are not blocklisted, unsubscribed, and have not hit com limits

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Re: Email Address Failing to Find People In Marketo

Wow...Someone else on my team ran them through the smart campaign this AM without me knowing...so they could only run through once, that's why they did not show up on the schedule tab.

Sorry y'all! Egg on my face! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jsiebert
Level 4

Hey, @cookiemonstersa!

You could swap out the 'is' filter for a 'contains' filter and then include the first part of the address instead of the full. It's weird, but for whatever reason, exact matching doesn't always work for me either. If you go this route, don't forget to triple check who is going to be affected by your smart campaign.

Jack Siebert
cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Thanks! @jsiebert 

I did try that, but even that fails to find the person even when I delete almost all of their email address. 

I often use your method to find people in the "All Persons" database lists, but for some reason its not working here. 

Interestingly when I use the filter: Last Name is"xyz" even this fails to find the person in the database...

But when I search via a smart list it's there? Could this be something to do with the smart campaign? I thought according to marketo it was only blocked, unsubscribed, or coms limit people who would not show up? 

cookiemonstersa
Level 4

Wow...Someone else on my team ran them through the smart campaign this AM without me knowing...so they could only run through once, that's why they did not show up on the schedule tab.

Sorry y'all! Egg on my face!