SOLVED

Re: Eloqua to Marketo Terminology

Go to solution
IoanaStofor
Level 1

Eloqua to Marketo Terminology

Hello,

I am working primarily with Eloqua, but I want to learn more about Marketo. I found a few posts here about migration, courses for beginners, and Marketo Glossary. I compiled the following Eloqua to Marketo terminology mapping for a smooth "transition" between platforms. Is there anything else you would add? Would you map some terms differently?

Thank you very much,

Ioana

Eloqua Marketo
Assets Global Assets / Design Studio
Campaign Canvas Batch Campaign
Campaign Canvas Smart Campaign
Campaign Canvas Email Program
Campaign Canvas Engagement Program
Campaign Canvas + Event Module Event Program
CDO Program Canvas Default Program
CDO/Custom Data Object Custom Object/Person Partitions
Condition Constraint
Contact Program Canvas Default Program
Contact Record Known Person/Lead
Contact Table Lead Database
Engagement Score Behavior Score
Feeder / Listener Qualification Rules
Field Merges, Dynamic Content, Shared Content Tokens
Filter Criteria Filter
Lead / Prospect / MQL MQL
Local List Local Assets
Master Exclude Marketing Suspended
Orchestration Marketing Activities
Picklist + Segment Segmentation
Profile Score Demographic Score
Program Builder Default Program
Segment Smart List
Shared Filter Filter
Shared List Static List
Test Email Sample Email
Transactional Email Operational Email
Unknown Visitor

Anonymous Visitor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Great compile, @IoanaStofor !

I'm not an Eloqua expert, but a couple of pointers below - 

-> Design Studio is the place where users can house their marketing assets (emails, landing pages, snippets, images, files, templates, etc.). However, emails, LPs, and forms could also be created as local assets in a program in Marketing Activities.

-> Marketo has 3 types of campaigns - Trigger, Batch, and Executable Campaigns. Each campaign type is different from the one other and you could look into the documentation for more details on each type of campaign.

-> Does Master Exclude in Eloqua mean the marketability status? If so, Marketo has 5 fields that largely determine the Marketability of a person - 

• Marketing Suspended
  • Unsubscribed
  • Email Invalid
  • Email Suspended
  • Blocklisted

-> Marketo has more than one ways of adding the dynamic content to assets  - tokens, velocity, segmentation, dynamic snippet are by far largely used by the users.

-> Marketo has conditionals in the filters (called constraints) and in the flow step (called choice step condition).

I suppose you'd find the Marketo glossary page that has definitions for most of the Marketo terms  helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Great compile, @IoanaStofor !

I'm not an Eloqua expert, but a couple of pointers below - 

-> Design Studio is the place where users can house their marketing assets (emails, landing pages, snippets, images, files, templates, etc.). However, emails, LPs, and forms could also be created as local assets in a program in Marketing Activities.

-> Marketo has 3 types of campaigns - Trigger, Batch, and Executable Campaigns. Each campaign type is different from the one other and you could look into the documentation for more details on each type of campaign.

-> Does Master Exclude in Eloqua mean the marketability status? If so, Marketo has 5 fields that largely determine the Marketability of a person - 

• Marketing Suspended
  • Unsubscribed
  • Email Invalid
  • Email Suspended
  • Blocklisted

-> Marketo has more than one ways of adding the dynamic content to assets  - tokens, velocity, segmentation, dynamic snippet are by far largely used by the users.

-> Marketo has conditionals in the filters (called constraints) and in the flow step (called choice step condition).

I suppose you'd find the Marketo glossary page that has definitions for most of the Marketo terms  helpful.

IoanaStofor
Level 1

Hello @Darshil_Shah1 ,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Very useful resources and explanations.

The Eloqua Master Exclusion is a list of people you don't want to target in your marketing campaigns. You can globally exclude competitors or other unwanted categories from receiving your content. I tend to believe it's the equivalent of the "Marketing Suspended" term from Marketo.

Warm regards,

Ioana