SOLVED

Re: Eloqua super user new to Marketo...what's one thing all you Marketo-ites want me to know?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eloqua super user new to Marketo...what's one thing all you Marketo-ites want me to know?

Help me kick off my usage of Marketo with some fast tips and tricks, please. A new job means a new platform and while I'm sure I'll get the bascis, I'd love to know a few things that it took you years to figure out but could be really meaningful to someone looking to learn the ins and outs an just getting started. Thank you for sharing yor expertise!

And maybe the first thing is that there is much more acceptable and cuter user nickname than "Marketo-ites"!! 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Eloqua super user new to Marketo...what's one thing all you Marketo-ites want me to know?

I agree with Dory here.

Watch some videos about specific topics. See my guide 🙂
marketingrockstarguides.com

Also, keep in mind that Marketo is not as visual - it's a logic, step by step system.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Hey Amy, welcome to the community!

And yes - we go by the "Marketing Nation".

I haven't used Eloqua so I don't have any comparisons for you but if you go to the University link above you can find just about anything you need to know!

Kim
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Amy, I'm not as familiar with Eloqua, but I think that the two things I'd recommend are learning and loving programs and all of their quirks, features, and benefits, as well as utilizing the community if you have questions, comments, or suggestions!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree with Dory here.

Watch some videos about specific topics. See my guide 🙂
marketingrockstarguides.com

Also, keep in mind that Marketo is not as visual - it's a logic, step by step system.
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the big differences is how you clean data that comes in. Be very careful how many smart campaigns you have to run a "data laundry machine" in Marketo as it can slow down to a crawl if you have a mass volume of inbound leads. 

Otherwise, dive into the programs and MSI if you're using SFDC. 

Welcome!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your help and support... Downloaded and subscribed, Josh. Great asset...very useful for someone like me. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amy,
I'm also a former Eloqua user new to Marketo. I would love to chat with you if you have a few minutes this week. 

I just started my job today and I'm trying to quicky learn the ropes of Marketo.

I would love to pick your brain and have some help translating Eloqua thinking into Marketo thinking!

Best,

Dana

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dana

Happy to speak with you. Use my personal email amyeliz_3@hotmail.com and we can set up a time.

Best of luck to you in your new role!

Amy