SOLVED

Re: Dynamics Integration - Contacts updates in Marketo not appearing in Dynamics

Go to solution
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Dynamics Integration - Contacts updates in Marketo not appearing in Dynamics

All,

I've got a weird issue with a Marketo<->Dynamics integration.  It mostly, works with one glaring exception:

1. Create a contact in Dynamics.. it appears in Marketo.  YAY!
  2. Create a contact in Marketo, Sync it as a contact, and it appears in Dynamics.  YAY!
  3. Update a contact in Dynamics (regardless of where it was created).  Changes show in Marketo.  YAY!
  4. Update a contact in Marketo (regardless of where it was created).  Change's do NOT show in Dynamics.  Booooo!!!

Has anyone else seen this issue, and how did they resolve it?

As a secondary question, can Accounts be created in Marketo and flow to Dynamics?

Cheers

Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom

Re: Dynamics Integration - Contacts updates in Marketo not appearing in Dynamics

Ah, the MSD quicksands...

The second question is the easy one to answer: No. The Person <>Lead/Contact sync is the only one that syncs in both directions, all other objects are MSD to Marketo only.

As for your update in Marketo not syncing to MSD: My first question would be whether the sync user has write access to the fields you updated in MSD. I'd also check the same scenario for a Lead, just to see whether the behaviour is the same for Leads and Contacts.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Katja_Keesom

Ah, the MSD quicksands...

The second question is the easy one to answer: No. The Person <>Lead/Contact sync is the only one that syncs in both directions, all other objects are MSD to Marketo only.

As for your update in Marketo not syncing to MSD: My first question would be whether the sync user has write access to the fields you updated in MSD. I'd also check the same scenario for a Lead, just to see whether the behaviour is the same for Leads and Contacts.

Jo_Pitts1

@Katja_Keesom ,

thanks so much for the response.  Yep - Q2 - that was the easy one, and I presumed it was the case.

I don't have access to the D365 instance, but the people who do assure me they've logged in and created records with the API user.  Is there diff perms for creating vs. updating a record?  

I'll try going down the lead path just to see what pops out.  Nice thinking on that one - thanks.  I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Jo

Katja_Keesom

Creating or updating should not be different rights, but with my experience so far issues like this seem to always come back to permission levels either for the sync user or the SFDC regular users. As your issue is in the Marketo > SFDC direction, it could really only be the sync user.

Jo_Pitts1

@Katja_Keesom ,

I presume you mean Marketo > Dynamics 🙂

I'm still digging, and will report back (probably with more questions 😞 )

Cheers

Katja_Keesom

Oops, wrong acronym. MSD indeed.