SOLVED

Re: Dynamics CRM Integration

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Microsoft is a strategic partner of Marketo (and Microsoft has deployed Marketo in some key business units - including Office365).  Believe me, Marketo has a huge vested interest to see us Microsoft customers through to success.  I know it gets frustrating in the community when many members use "SFDC" as the generic term for CRM - as not everyone uses SFDC.   Marketo has made some significant strides in their support for MS Dynamics (we're on Dynamics 2015 Online).  While we're still waiting to test the asynchronous plug-in in our environment (since we had to disable it on the Opportunity entity due to significant performance issues), I can tell you that Marketo has dedicated staff/engineers working on improving the integration/features between the two platforms.  In fact, our Marketo consultant is focused on the Dynamics platform which has been a huge value for us.  I agree - it would be great to have a dedicated area where us Dynamics customers can collaborate, share best practices, and discuss challenges/issues within the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would agree Dan - our support is working very hard to help in situations for us as well. It'll get there!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love to start a MS Dynamics MUG if anyone is interested! To see what it entails, please read Virtual User Group Leader Responsibilities & Benefits

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good, but it seems odd that you're required to have a quarterly meeting for a virtual group. Are the requirements just a copy/paste from the regional Marketo User Group requirements?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The roles are very similar there's just a virtual component. Are you saying you'd prefer to meet more or less?

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Liz - I think the confusion is around the requirement of treating a VMUG just like a city-based user group.  For example, how is one to expect to successfully be able to host four physical meetings when the VUG is scattered around the world?  Or would these be "virtual" meetings instead?  Like Travis said, it appears that the requirements were simply copy/pasted for a VMUG, without giving thought to the nature of the type of UG (virtual vs. in-person).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying Dan. The reason they are different at all is because of just that. Virtual groups do not host in person meetings. All the meetings are virtual, but you still have the requirement to have quarterly meetings so they remain active.

The virtual groups should actually be much easier to plan and have, so I'd expect they'd want to have more than 1 a quarter. But that is up to the leader and members. The requirements are very similar, the only difference being that you are hosting virtual meetings and have to have the capability to do so if you're going to lead.

Does that make sense?

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks for clarifying, Liz - now it makes sense. I think the page just needs some tidying up to reflect that this is a virtual user group. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan Stevens Travis Prebble Meahgan PearSai PKristin Haynes Rich LymanTimothy Cerato

Jeff Hild 

If anyone is interested in becoming the leader of this group, I'd love to start it! Fill out the Marketo User Group Leader Application​ if interested.

Liz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Dynamics user here working to integrate Marketo, did the user group get setup?  Would be interested in chatting with other folks as well.