Re: Dynamics CRM Connector

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics CRM Connector

Hi,

Can I connect one Dynamics CRM instance with multiple market instances?

Can I selectively sync leads with Dynamics CRM? i.e. I do not want to sync all the leads but only leads based on some filter criteria (e.g. only qualified leads).

Thanks,

Rohit

10 REPLIES 10
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Even if it's possible, I wouldn't recommend connecting multiple Marketo instances to a single CRM instance.  Too much of a risk of data integrity issues.

As for selectively syncing leads to Dynamics, absolutely.  That's how we do it today.  We only sync leads to MSD when they are qualified.  Out of the box, the only syncing that takes place from Marketo to CRM are updates to existing leads.  It's up to you to define your lead lifecycle logic and when to sync new leads to CRM.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is the MSD connector unlike the SFDC connector (1-1 org relationship, now and forever)?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

It seems to me that Josh is right on this : 1-1 and forever.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, you can technically sync a single Salesforce to multiple Marketo instances. You just can't sync a single Marketo instance to multiple Salesforce instances natively. We generally advise people not to do this pretty strongly, but it happens occasionally during CRM migrations. The 1:1 always and forever is kind of a simplification but it generally helps to avoid the main issue, which is people trying to resync their Marketo instance to a different CRM instance, which definitely does not work.

I think the only situation where I heard the need for two Marketo instances to one Dynamics instance was if you use Dynamics organizations because we can't connect one Marketo instance to two different organizations even if they are on the same URL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristen Carmean: This gives me hope. I am trying to connect a single SFDC to multiple Marketo instances. Apart from locking down SFDC profiles to appropriate Record Types, is there anything else that I need to know about? I have a discussion thread open about this and I am getting terrified! APIs scare me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think most of what is documented there is correct. However, you shouldn't need the API to do it in this direction. As long as the user roles are set up correctly, syncing should pretty much just work.

Jose_Tarzian14
Level 2

Kristen

do you mean that you can connect 2 marketo instances to different organizations in the same dynamics instance?

Txs

Kapturall
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is my understanding, yes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there Rohit,

The out of the box connector is 1:1 100% of the time. You can't use the Marketo connector to associate one instance of Dynamics with more than a single instance of Marketo. If you really truly had the need to accomplish this I would recommend you look at Scribe where you can use Scribe as the data transport layer from DCRM out to multiple possible other integrated applications.

I agree with Dan on the sync controller - if you add a custom field on any sync't entity called SyncToMkto and set records to "No" in Dynamics they will not sync to Marketo.

Hope this helps!

Paul