Re: Dynamic Image, is it possible? help!

IreneSch
Level 2

Dynamic Image, is it possible? help!

Hi everybody!!!

I'm trying to get a image into a dynamic email,  (make and image dynamic, I guess). I have 5 images (with different copy in 5 languages) and I've managed to localize most of the content, but I'm struggling a bit with the image module. I can see some discussion suggest playing with the code or tokens, is there a way to do this? What would you recommend?

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Irene Schreiber
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you explain how you’re struggling exactly? Are you right-clicking and trying to choose Make Dynamic?

IreneSch
Level 2

Yes, I'm in an image module, trying to replace the image with different ones (with different copy, as it's segmented by language), but it's not giving us the option. Actually we got two responses from Marketo, I quote below:

"Images should work like any other content where you can make them dynamic by clicking on them, selecting the gear icon, and select Make Dynamic, as it mentions here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/general/functi...

If you are not seeing the gear icon or the image is not clickable, this may be that the image is added as part of the template used to create the email and the image is not part of a editable class. This means you won't be able to make changes to the element as the email asset level. You would need to modify the template to make the image part of an editable class. You can read more about that here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/general/email-...

In the meantime, a colleague of mine came up with a workaround and instead placed a new empty free text module. Basically changing the image on each text module's language segment. I hope this helps, and look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Irene Schreiber
gallyarticola
Level 1

If you're using a custom email template I highly recommend discussing this with the designer who coded the template. They can easily make that specific image module editable so you can select it for dynamic content or create a new module for your needs. 

As Marketo support said, this should be feasible in the email editor but it does require your email template to be set up with editable modules.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You’re saying “image module” but is it truly a mktoImg? Please show the surrounding HTML (not your full HTML, just the relevant part). Use the Syntax Highlighter so it’s readable:

SanfordWhiteman_2-1717699200245.png