SOLVED

Re: Dynamic Email content and Nurture Engagement Streams?

Go to solution
Prinu_George
Level 3

Dynamic Email content and Nurture Engagement Streams?

Hi there,

Is there a way to use dynamic content inside Nurture Streams?

I've created three emails (EM1, Em2, EM3 to be sent once a month). The content elements dynamically change depending on the two segments i created (tech and non tech folks).

I also have two streams in the Engagement Nurture campaign - Tech Role, Non Tech Role.

If i pull the same email to both the streams, will it automatically send the matching content (to these two segments), without having to add any extra rules outside of the email?

I know the other way is not to use dynamic content but create individual versions like EM1(Tech), EM1(Non Tech), EM2(Tech) etc and add them seperatley in two streams. But i'm trying to see if there is an efficient way to achieve this.

Any help regarding this is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Prinu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Prinu,

Data from the segmentation is pulled from the lead record. It completely disregards which nurture stream it's in. In this case it will be more of a coincidence that your nurture stream and the segmentation match.

The dynamic content will be populated based on the field on the lead record.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Prinu,

Data from the segmentation is pulled from the lead record. It completely disregards which nurture stream it's in. In this case it will be more of a coincidence that your nurture stream and the segmentation match.

The dynamic content will be populated based on the field on the lead record.

Prinu_George
Level 3

Thanks Stijn. In that case, I would rather use a single stream and let the email do its job of sending dynamic content to different segments.

Will it also work with multiple segments in the email?

Say i already have segments based on role (tech n non tech leads) and i also add another dynamic segmentation for those interested in careers (IC). As there may be tech leads who are IC/ not IC and non tech leads who are IC/not IC, can i confirm this approach (stated in first para above) that the emails go out to all 4 possible combinations and only once to every leads?

Thanks in nadvance

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Prinu,

Yes. For each email sent out Marketo will evaluate the targetted lead's segments and build the email based on their profile. For leads that like red and ostriches you can have an ostrich in the header and a red colored footer.

Please note: You can only have 1 segmentation per editable area. You can't segment on animals first and color later. The red ostrich would need to be 1 segmentation and not color on top of animals.