Dynamic content disappears when editing email...

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Dynamic content disappears when editing email...

I'm sure there's a very simple answer to this. I have created a series of emails and have used dynamic content for relevant segments. All emails were approved and I previewed each segment to check all the dynamic content was applied.

I have gone to make some small changes to the copy and I've noticed when editing the non-default segment the dynamic content no longer appears. I've previewed the draft and this still shows as it should. Any idea why this is happening / if the dynamic content is actually there and for one reason or another not being displayed or do I have to re-do it all when editing the email?

I've attached a couple of screen grabs to show the 'preview' in comparison to what is shown when editing the email using dynamic content (different headers, etc).

Shannon Kelly​ has recently submitted an idea to improve dynamic content functionality which if implemented would massively assist me (& I'm sure others) with day-to-day emails/editing.

Thanks,
Ellie

3 REPLIES 3
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: Dynamic content disappears when editing email...

This is probably just a UI bug.   Test your content by sending yourself a sample/test to see if it's still there.  If it's not a UI bug and your content is actually missing, file a support case.

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Hi Jim,

Yes the email works but unfortunately when I go to edit the dynamic content, the default copy appears so for now looks as though I will need to edit all to make the small changes needed. I'll log a ticket with support.

Natalie_Maurer
Level 1

Did you ever get an answer on your ticket? This also happened on our end as well a few times!