SOLVED

Re: Duration wait step

Go to solution
Jessica_Biblis
Level 3

Duration wait step

What happens when you use duration in a wait step without specifying the time?

For example: Wait 4 hours, wait must end Mon-Friday. Send email.

If someone enters the wait step on Saturday at 9 a.m., when will they receive the email? Right at 12:00 am Monday? Or would it be Monday 4 hours after they entered the wait, at 1 p.m. Monday?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jessica,

The wait step will wait 4 hours and then wait until the very next "Mon-Fri", which would be at 12a on Monday. But what you can do is choose a time for "Must End On" so the email flow step executes at that time of the day on Monday.

Step #1:

Wait 4 hours

Type: Duration

Duration: 4 hours

Must End On: Mon-Fri 1:00PM

Step #2: Send Email (email will be sent Mon at 1:00PM)

If a lead runs through on Monday at 11AM, they will wait 4 hours (Mon 3PM) and then have to wait until the next Mon-Fri at 1PM, which will be Tues at 1PM.

You can learn a bit more here: Wait - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jessica,

The wait step will wait 4 hours and then wait until the very next "Mon-Fri", which would be at 12a on Monday. But what you can do is choose a time for "Must End On" so the email flow step executes at that time of the day on Monday.

Step #1:

Wait 4 hours

Type: Duration

Duration: 4 hours

Must End On: Mon-Fri 1:00PM

Step #2: Send Email (email will be sent Mon at 1:00PM)

If a lead runs through on Monday at 11AM, they will wait 4 hours (Mon 3PM) and then have to wait until the next Mon-Fri at 1PM, which will be Tues at 1PM.

You can learn a bit more here: Wait - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Jessica_Biblis
Level 3

Thanks, Devraj. I know that I can set a specific time, but I wasn't sure what would happen if I left option that blank. I appreciate your response.