Re: Duplicates merged in Salesforce, but both records still appearing in Marketo

Halid_Delkic
Level 3

Duplicates merged in Salesforce, but both records still appearing in Marketo

I've discovered an unusual situation where identified duplicate records (same email address) have been merged (merge was processed in Salesforce), but both records are still appearing in Marketo.

Prior to the merge both records would have existed in both SFDC and Marketo. Since we have a "standard" sync setting between the two systems, regardless of where the merge was processed, both records should have been merged into one across both systems.

Would be great to hear if anyone else has come across this issue before.

Thanks,

Halid

5 REPLIES 5
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: Duplicates merged in Salesforce, but both records still appearing in Marketo

Do both of the leads in Marketo have an Original Source Type of salesforce.com?

Halid_Delkic
Level 3

Yes, both are salesforce.com in Original Source Type.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

That's definitely bizarre. I've come across issues where there were multiple duplicates to merge due to list imports, but not this. I would contact Support to make sure there were no sync errors (makes me wonder if there's a way to tell in the Activity History?)

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Halid,

If you had duplicates previously both in Marketo and Salesfore, Marketo isn't always the wisest when it comes to properly merging the two records—check to see if one is flagged as Deleted in SFDC = true.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed this issue in the past with our instance as well. There may be an easier way to fix it, but we simply merge each record manually in Marketo