SOLVED

Duplicate records in the activity log

Go to solution
David_Beauchamp
Level 2

Duplicate records in the activity log

Hi Marketo,

We have a web form that has been randomly submitting duplicate records in the activity log. We have had this web form for years but have only started seeing this issue in the last couple months or so. When a user submits a web form it shows 15 or sometimes 30 records in the activity log showing the exact same "Fill out form" and each one is recorded at the exact same minute. Its random. Sometimes we only see a couple in one day, and then no problems for a few days, and then one or more on another random day. When I test the form I dont see any issues in the activity log. The only thing that sticks out is that in the records that show duplicates, the first shows the "Fill out form" record with a reCAPTCHA score of "Trusted". And then all of the other duplicates show the score as "Failed" and the reCAPTCHA error message of "timeout-or-duplicate”. Is there some issue with Marketo and reCAPTCHA that would cause these duplicate records in the activity log? I also noticed this unsolved thread where a few people commented with similar issues. We use the Marketo form javascript API to display the form on this page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Duplicate records in the activity log

You’re using a modified copy of the Forms 2.0 library and a lot of questionable — not to mention minimized to the point of unreadability — code built on top of that. It’s just not reasonable to troubleshoot such a setup via the community.

On the other hand, if you can reproduce the problem with the standard Forms 2.0 embed + the supported Forms 2.0 JS API, we could look further into it.

I’d suspect you have a loop that’s continually calling .submit() on the form object.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Duplicate records in the activity log

You’re using a modified copy of the Forms 2.0 library and a lot of questionable — not to mention minimized to the point of unreadability — code built on top of that. It’s just not reasonable to troubleshoot such a setup via the community.

On the other hand, if you can reproduce the problem with the standard Forms 2.0 embed + the supported Forms 2.0 JS API, we could look further into it.

I’d suspect you have a loop that’s continually calling .submit() on the form object.