SOLVED

Re: Duplicate PrimaryAttributeValueId Issue

Go to solution
jploshnick
Level 1

Duplicate PrimaryAttributeValueId Issue

I am trying to get all of the leads and their activities associated with a particular attribute for BI reporting purposes. To do this, I am using the activities bulk export. 

As shown in the screenshot below, there are different attributes that have the same PrimaryValueAtributeID. Is this expected behavior? If so, how can I uniquely identify a single attribute?

A Marketo engineer said I can use 'Attribute TypeID' but I cannot find this anywhere in the documentation. 

For context, I am using the Marketo python package, which I understand is maintained by Marketo developers: https://github.com/jepcastelein/marketo-rest-python 

Thanks!

marketo_issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Better terms for primaryAttribute would be primaryTargetedObject or primaryRelatedObject.

primaryAttributeValueId is the immutable, unique (integer or in theory GUID) identifier of the most important related object.

primaryAttributeValue is the name, at the time of the export, of the most important related object (some names are in practice immutable, others aren't, so overall they can't be assumed so).

For Activity Type 6 and Activity Type 7, the primaryAttribute is a related email asset.

For Activity Type 1, the primaryAttribute is a related web page.

Unless I'm missing something, I think the fact that you happen to have 3899 for Activity Type 1 and also for 6 and 7 is merely a coincidence! They happen to have the same sequence. They're not the same record.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Better terms for primaryAttribute would be primaryTargetedObject or primaryRelatedObject.

primaryAttributeValueId is the immutable, unique (integer or in theory GUID) identifier of the most important related object.

primaryAttributeValue is the name, at the time of the export, of the most important related object (some names are in practice immutable, others aren't, so overall they can't be assumed so).

For Activity Type 6 and Activity Type 7, the primaryAttribute is a related email asset.

For Activity Type 1, the primaryAttribute is a related web page.

Unless I'm missing something, I think the fact that you happen to have 3899 for Activity Type 1 and also for 6 and 7 is merely a coincidence! They happen to have the same sequence. They're not the same record.

jploshnick
Level 1

Thanks for the response. I want to identify each attribute in a unique, unchanging, way. Is there a way to do this?

SanfordWhiteman

The combination of activityTypeId and primaryAttributeValueId is unique and immutable.