SOLVED

Duplicate folder names

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate folder names

Hi,

I am working at a company that has 9 offices in 9 countries. We organized our folder structure as follows: MA -> Active marketing programs -> CountryCode. Under CountryCode (NL, UK, US etc) individual marketing departments will create folders like Email Blasts, Nurture Campaigns etc.

Now my problem is that Marketo doesnt allow duplicate folder names. This is rather annoying because I want to keep the same folder structure for all countries. Is there any way that we can deal with this without pre or post fixing all folder names?

We are using the Sparc edition of Marketo, and I noticed that the Standard version of marketo allows separate work spaces for different departments. Would this offer a solution?

I'm a bit lost why marketo would disallow duplicate folder names.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate folder names

I just noticed that if you put things in different programs, then it is possible to duplicate folder names. That would have been nice to know. It solves my problem for now. The downside is that you cannot put programs in programs, and because of that the program itself cannot have duplicate names (So they have to be named Adwords US, Adwords UK etc)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just noticed that if you put things in different programs, then it is possible to duplicate folder names. That would have been nice to know. It solves my problem for now. The downside is that you cannot put programs in programs, and because of that the program itself cannot have duplicate names (So they have to be named Adwords US, Adwords UK etc)

Anonymous
Not applicable

the Standard version of marketo allows separate work spaces for different departments. Would this offer a solution?

Hi Eric,

no it would not. Folder names have to be unique even across work spaces.

If you consider upgrading to use work spaces, I'd suggest to think about that very carefully. We are using work spaces, but from my point of view the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.