SOLVED

Re: Dropdown Field

Go to solution
Yash
Level 4 - Community Advisor

Dropdown Field

Hi Everyone,

We have been using the same form across multiple Marketo landing pages as well as the web pages. The form has a dropdown field in it and a couple of display options within the dropdown was mapping to the same stored value.

As an example please consider this scenario:

Yash_0-1616092988307.png

As we can see, both Option 1 & Option 3 are mapping to the same stored value and the the team has asked me to pull the list of contacts that had selected Option 1 & Option 3 in a separate list but as it was mapped to the same stored value I am having hard time to differentiate b/n the two.

Is there anyway this can be done. Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's not possible. The friendly/display name of the option is not posted to Marketo, only the value. (Note this is the case with a standard HTML form, too.)

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

You mean if you built the form a different way could have different friendly names for the same value?

Yes, if you added custom JS you could post the friendly name to a separate field, so you have 2 different values to act on.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

It's not possible. The friendly/display name of the option is not posted to Marketo, only the value. (Note this is the case with a standard HTML form, too.)

Yash

Okay, thanks for your response @SanfordWhiteman 

Yash

@SanfordWhiteman I know this wouldn't make sense to you but considering the example above do you think we can apply different processing steps when Option 1 & Option 3 are selected? Sorry, just trying to see if that is doable.

SanfordWhiteman

You mean if you built the form a different way could have different friendly names for the same value?

Yes, if you added custom JS you could post the friendly name to a separate field, so you have 2 different values to act on.

Yash

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much @SanfordWhiteman !!!