SOLVED

Re: Double Submissions after including Google Recaptcha V3

Go to solution
Sia1
Level 1

Double Submissions after including Google Recaptcha V3

Hello Everyone,

I have used the following code by @SanfordWhiteman . After adding it to the page it is recording fills out form activity twice and thereby calling the webhook twice. One activity is marked as Genuine and another as Suspicious. Please let me know what might be the cause for this. 
https://codepen.io/figureone/pen/JQPgPE?editors=1010

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You have a conflict with Clearbit.

Clearbit sets the form to submittable as soon its work is done, so the form submits once immediately upon clicking Submit and then the reCAPTCHA code submits it again after getting the reCAPTCHA fingerprint.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Sia1
Level 1

Hello All,
Any suggestions or modifications?

SanfordWhiteman

Please link to your actual page.

dMallicoat
Level 2

I too am having the same issue of a double submission with each form submit. I attended the Webinar and followed the code example. However, my dev team has been trying to figure out why we're getting a double submission into Marketo. The first one will have the token, the second one will not. 

Our current testing page 

I've been going back and forth with our dev team testing and tweaking for nearly a week. They're at a loss. I found this thread but didn't see any possible resolutions. Thank you in advance for any help. 

SanfordWhiteman

Please create a page where you haven’t stripped the license info from the code and haven’t minimized it. It can’t be investigated in its current state.

dMallicoat
Level 2

Sorry about that. I had asked them to throw something onto production so I could inquire. The page and scripts have been adjusted on the  testing page 

SanfordWhiteman

You have a conflict with Clearbit.

Clearbit sets the form to submittable as soon its work is done, so the form submits once immediately upon clicking Submit and then the reCAPTCHA code submits it again after getting the reCAPTCHA fingerprint.

dMallicoat
Level 2

That makes sense. 
Thank you for taking a look! 

gra85207
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

I am also facing the same issue on my progressive profile page(https://pages.mko.roundupreadyxtend.com/us-xt-progressive-profile.html) which comes after opt-in(https://pages.mko.roundupreadyxtend.com/us-xt-opt-in.html)

In opt-in, we are getting one form fill-out activity, but when the user is submitting the progressive profile page, two forms fill-out activities are visible in the person activity logs. (one with a captcha response and one without a captcha response).

Could you please suggest some fixes here?

Thanks,

Parul Goyal