SOLVED

Dollar sign and space before token

Go to solution
Adenison
Level 1

Dollar sign and space before token

Trying to figure out why when I try to use a dollar sign to show a donation amount on an email, that it adds a space between it and the token I'm using {{lead.Donation Amount}}. Deleting the space breaks the token. I tried some of the things suggested in other posts, but it wasn't working. Disclaimer! My knowledge of HTML is basic at best. So any help you can provide without using developer speak would help! ðŸ˜‚

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Dollar sign and space before token

I've used velocity to display the amount with $ in past:

${esc.d}${lead.Donation Amount}

You may create and add the velocity token to email as per above, don't forget to check mark the Donation Amount field under the Person Object from the right tree of the email script token.

Alternatively, there's also a way to include a zero width space b/w $ and the person token:

$​{{lead.Donation Amount}} //add this in the HTML section of the email content block

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I've used velocity to display the amount with $ in past:

${esc.d}${lead.Donation Amount}

You may create and add the velocity token to email as per above, don't forget to check mark the Donation Amount field under the Person Object from the right tree of the email script token.

Alternatively, there's also a way to include a zero width space b/w $ and the person token:

$​{{lead.Donation Amount}} //add this in the HTML section of the email content block

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yep - I imagine putting a $ right in front of a Marketo token could confuse Marketo into thinking it was a malformed Velocity token

(i.e. ${{lead.donationAmount}} looks a lot like ${velocityDonationAmount}, hence the need to use @Darshil_Shah1's approach.