SOLVED

Does the option "each person can run through the flow" every time override wait step?

Go to solution
kristalklug
Level 2

Does the option "each person can run through the flow" every time override wait step?

Hi. 
I have a smart campaign where "lead can run through the flow every time". In the flow, I have a wait step of 30 days. However, my leads were getting the same email every day instead of every 30 days.

Would anyone know why is that? If the lead is going through the flow every time and the flow says to wait 30 days before sending an email, then why were my leads getting an email every day?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Does the option "each person can run through the flow" every time override wait step?

This is expected behavior, but it’s not an “override“ and doesn’t have anything directly to do with the Wait step.

“Every time“ means a person can be in the flow multiple times simultaneously, whether or not there’s a Wait step. For example, if a Call Webhook takes more than a second, or instance utilization is high enough that other simple flow steps take more time, the person can be in the same flow an essentially unlimited number of times. Of course with a Wait step the behavior becomes more apparent.

View solution in original post

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Does the option "each person can run through the flow" every time override wait step?

Hi Kristal,

I think your problem is not so much with the flow, but with your smart list determining who enters the flow and when. Assuming after two email A sends people should not get email A again, you can add a filter to your smart list to say "Not was Delivered Email A". That will ensure each person will go through your flow once with the wait step construction, but not enter from the top again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is expected behavior, but it’s not an “override“ and doesn’t have anything directly to do with the Wait step.

“Every time“ means a person can be in the flow multiple times simultaneously, whether or not there’s a Wait step. For example, if a Call Webhook takes more than a second, or instance utilization is high enough that other simple flow steps take more time, the person can be in the same flow an essentially unlimited number of times. Of course with a Wait step the behavior becomes more apparent.

kristalklug
Level 2

Hi.

Thanks for the response. Just to clarify... I can use a wait step and have a lead can flow every time. For example, new leads receive email A, and I want them to get the same email 30 days from now. How would I build smart campaign?
Option 1:

If received email,  wait 30 days then send email. Person can lead can flow every time.

Option 2:

If received email, send email. Person can flow every 30 days and run scheduled batch daily.

In the end, I want new leads to be delivered email A, immediately. Once those leads receive email A, I want to make sure they continue to receive email A 30 days from now. How do I make sure  new leads get the email, daily, while old leads get the same email 30 days from now.

Thanks.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Kristal,

I think your problem is not so much with the flow, but with your smart list determining who enters the flow and when. Assuming after two email A sends people should not get email A again, you can add a filter to your smart list to say "Not was Delivered Email A". That will ensure each person will go through your flow once with the wait step construction, but not enter from the top again.