Does setting "New from CRM" leads as Sales Accepted screw up reporting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does setting "New from CRM" leads as Sales Accepted screw up reporting?

We've just finally got our lead lifecycle setup properly with Marketo guidance, and it is begining to populate. My question was about the "NEW FROM CRM" flow. In ours, we address all new leads entered into the CRM as immediately being Sales Accepted stage, becaues of how our sales team is trained to use the CRM. My question is does this somehow negatively affect our numbers on conversion etc. from MQL to SAL? Or because the leads never get tagged with MQL they're omitted from the calculation? 
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Does setting "New from CRM" leads as Sales Accepted screw up reporting?

Depends on the setup.

If they enter SAL immediately, they skip from ANon to SAL, so there would be less data before the SAL stage.

If this is a problem, then force the lead to go through all the stage through SAL.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does setting "New from CRM" leads as Sales Accepted screw up reporting?

I actually think i prefer there to be a gap in data, because I'd hate for all my CRM sourced leads to falsely impact my conversion % metrics etc. if they were to be put through all stages. So I think I''ll leave it as-is. I just wasn't sure if Marketo would still count them as having "converted" between the stages. It seems from your response that marketo would not.