Re: Does Marketo REST APIs are for specific customers ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Marketo REST APIs are for specific customers ?

I wanted to know if there are specific account levels for Marketo. Are there accounts used by customers not having access to REST APIs ? Accounts with admin level access can only use Rest APIs ?

Wanted to also know if webhooks support is there for all customers ? or even this is specific to particular levels of customers ?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Spark accounts don't have API access.  I don't know what you mean by "admin-level access" exactly; REST API access works via proxy API-only users, which don't log into the Marketo UI at all and might have only read-only access to a single type of record.

I don't think Spark supports webhooks, either, in answer to your other question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That said, you do need an admin-level account to implement an API integration, if for no other reason, to create the API "user", create a launchpoint service for the external application to call, and access the client ID, client secret, and authenticated user to successfully execute API queries.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

http://developers.marketo.com/ can give you most of the information you'll need for API integrations.