SOLVED

Re: Does including CTA link different from email domain affect Deliverability

Go to solution
Hemaprasath_Jin
Level 2

Does including CTA link different from email domain affect Deliverability

Hi, 

We are trying to include a CTA Link that is different from our email domain, for example-let's say I'm including the link of Amazon product page, given that each of the links are encrypted by Marketo with branding domains and does it still considered as spam trap by esps?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

We are trying to include a CTA Link that is different from our email domain, for example-let's say I'm including the link of Amazon product page, given that each of the links are encrypted by Marketo with branding domains and does it still considered as spam trap by esps?

Having links to a different domain from the From: domain is not deemed suspicious by modern anti-spam software. This is a myth. The converse (having links to the same domain as the From: domain) is occasionally scored negatively (“negative“ being a good thing in this context). The impact is negligible in any case.

(P.S. I think you’re misusing the term “spam trap” here.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Having links to a different domain from the From: domain is not deemed suspicious by modern anti-spam software. This is a myth. The converse (having links to the same domain as the From: domain) is occasionally scored negatively (“negative“ being a good thing in this context). The impact is negligible in any case.

(P.S. I think you’re misusing the term “spam trap” here.)