Re: Does form pre-fill work on Free Form landing page?

Brian_Whipple
Level 2

Does form pre-fill work on Free Form landing page?

I created a subscription management page using a free-form landing page.  https://go.conetrix.com/UnsubscribePage.html

I have now noticed that the pre-fill doesn't work under the "Update your information" section.

After reading a handful of similar questions, I'm starting to wonder if it is because pre-fill doesn't work on free form landing page. My guess is because it has similar characteristics as an embedded form. Is this correct?

If this is correct, is this the solution I should pursue next? Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome.

Or, is there another solution that might be simpler?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

After reading a handful of similar questions, I'm starting to wonder if it is because pre-fill doesn't work on free form landing page. My guess is because it has similar characteristics as an embedded form. Is this correct?

Nope, native Pre-Fill works fine on a Free-Form, Marketo-hosted LP.

You have to use a named Marketo Form element (dragged onto the Free-Form canvas), not the embed code, of course. If you use the embed code it's treated as a 3rd-party page and you would need the special Pre-Fill enhancement above. But there's no reason to do this if you're using Marketo LPs.

Make sure that Pre-Fill is enabled at the global, form, and LP levels.

Brian_Whipple
Level 2

Good to know! Thanks for the correction.

I did use the form element. Just to confirm, here's a picture of what I dragged on the page.

pastedImage_0.png

The pre-fill only seems to be working for the various boolean fields, and it doesn't seem to be working on any of the string fields. I just double checked global, form, and LP levels. All are enabled for pre-fill. This includes each individual string field.

I'm sure there is a very easy solution here, but I'm not seeing it. Anything else I should look out for?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator